Thursday 13 December 2012

Babies (baby) theme for a Mixed Bag on Wednesday 12/12/12

Last Wednesday night 12/12/12, on a Mixed Bag with Chris B, on 93.7 Edge FM, our theme was babies (baby), and we heard songs with the word "baby" in the title.

I spoke with local Bega resident, Casey Curtis, who has been doing a fabulous job raising funds for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at the Canberra Hospital, and the Newborn Intensive Care Foundation, after her baby, Miley was born prematurely.  She had a serious condition called pre-eclampsia, and was transferred to Canberra Hospital to have an emergency cesearean.

Here is a link to the interview with Casey, so you can hear her story:-

https://soundcloud.com/chris-b2/interview-with-casey-curtis

And if you'd like to donate to the Newborn Intensive Care Foundation, here is the link:-

http://www.newborn.org.au

and a little info about pre-eclampsia:-

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Pre-eclampsia

 The playlist for our "babies" theme was:-
  1. My baby - Cold Chisel
  2. Baby, I love your way - Peter Frampton
  3. Baby, something's happening - Peter Frampton
  4. Take good care of my baby - Smokey
  5. Baby I'm a want you - Bread
  6. Baby love - The Supremes
  7. Little, Little - Jenny Morris
  8. Sweet baby - Macy Gray
  9. Baby come back - Ron Moss, featuring Peter Beckett
  10. Dream baby - Roy Orbison
  11. Baby, you look good to me tonight - John Denver
  12. Drinkin' my baby off my mind - Eddie Rabbit
  13. Baby one more time - Britney Spears
  14. Baby it's you - Promises
  15. I see you baby - Groove Armada
  16. The blues had a baby - Dutch Tilders
Haven't decided on a theme for next week, as yet, but will keep you posted.
I enjoyed watching the live stream of the 12-12-12 concert for Hurricane Sandy relief today.  Just had it there playing while I did my household chores.  It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment