Some of the songs on our playlist were:-
Songs to do with the subject of dying:-
- Only the good die young by Billy Joel,
- There ain't no grave (gonna hold my body down" by Brother "Claude" Ely
- My generation by the who (hope I die before I get old lyric)
- The needle and the damage done by Neil Young
- Angel by Sarah Mclachlan
- I feel like I'm fixin' to die
- Deja Vu by Crosby, Stills and Nash
- Don't fear the reaper by Blue Oyster Cult
- 42 by Coldplay
- Fire and Rain by James Taylor
Songs to do with the subject of tax:-
- Taxman by the Beatles
- Taxman, Mr Thief by Cheap Trick
- I paid my income tax today by Gene Autrey
We also heard an interview with Kerry Bromson from the Voluntary Euthanasia Party. Kerry's brother made a decision to end his life after living with a terminal illness. Kerry was kind enough to share her story. To listen click on the link below:-
Well know newsreader Tracy Spicer who is a campaigner for Voluntary Euthanasia reflected on the passing of her mother with a letter. Click on the link below to read the article in the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper.
Next week we will turn all this around and our theme will be LIFE and LIVING.
So, if you live in the Bega Valley, tune into 93.7 Edge FM next Tuesday evening between 6.00 pm and 8.00 pm.